Gleaming hardwood flooring is a dream of many homeowners in the Concord area. Who doesn’t love those fresh expanses of gorgeous wood? When it comes time to select the right flooring for you, though, it can be difficult to decide among the many options available for wood, or wood look, flooring. Laminate wood, engineered hardwood, and solid hardwood flooring all have their strengths and weaknesses, so how can a homeowner decide which one is right for their situation?
This month, Floor Coverings International Concord is shining a light on all three options to help you choose the perfect new flooring for your home.
Laminate Hardwood Flooring
If you’re interested in durable, cost-effective, flooring and not concerned with whether your flooring is wood or “wood look,” laminate hardwood flooring may be a perfect option for you.
Consider laminate hardwood flooring if…
- You’re looking for a budget-friendly option that packs a powerful punch for the smaller investment price.
- You want your flooring to be as easy to maintain as possible. Laminate floors are scratch and water resistant, which is a big plus over the other options.
- You’d like a wood look but aren’t interested in the investment of wood flooring. Laminate wood look flooring comes in a variety of styles and options, so there’s sure to be something to fit every taste.
Engineered Hardwood Flooring
Engineered hardwood flooring combines the beauty of natural hardwoods with all the advances of modern science.
Consider engineered hardwood flooring if…
- You’re interested in wood flooring at a more affordable price. Engineered hardwood floors are a good middle option between laminate and solid hardwood flooring.
- Durability is a requirement. Engineered hardwood floors have enhanced stability over their solid wood counterparts, so they can handle life’s everyday challenges with ease.
Solid Hardwood Flooring
There’s nothing quite like an original. Solid hardwood floors are showpieces that will highlight the beauty of your home for years to come.
Consider solid hardwood flooring if…
- You’d like your flooring to be a design centerpiece. Hardwood floors are renowned for their beauty and charm.
- You’d like your flooring to grow more intriguing with age. Hardwood flooring becomes more appealing with age as unique patterns begin to set into the wood. Neither engineered nor laminate floors can offer this benefit.
- You’d like to take advantage of refinishing. Refinishing is a great way to bring life back into your hardwood flooring and remove surface damage while keeping all the aged beauty of your floors. Refinishing is only an option, though, with solid hardwood flooring.
Whether you’re ready to add new flooring to your home or still need help deciding on the perfect fit, call Floor Coverings International Concord today. We proudly serve the Concord, Martinez, and Walnut Creek areas and would love to assist you in your search for the perfect flooring; in fact, we offer free in-home Design Consultations and free estimates to ensure you’re able to find and install exactly what you need. Call us today to schedule your free Design Consultation and estimate.